- News and events
- About PIEp
- Innovation Capability at St. Jude Medical AB Veddesta
- Innovation Capability in GKN Aerospace
- Innovation Capability at Scania
- Innovation Capability in SCA
- Learning for innovation capability in Swedish Healthcare
- Innovation Management in Forest Industry
- Innovation Strategy in practice
- Design Thinking Innovation
- New product innovation by design
- Networked Product Innovation
- IDRE overall
- IDRE – GASMAS Sinusits diagnosis and LED based spectroscopy
- IDRE – Optical Stimulation of Neural Tissue
- IDRE – Simulation of Surgical procedures with Haptic Feedback
- IDRE – Multiplex disease marker diagnostics using the ISET platform
- Managing Conceptual Design Phase of BoP ventures
- Design Methods – INGO
- Individual Innovation Capability
- Concept Decisions at Volvo Cars Corporation
- Decisions Dynamics
- Creative Environment for Product Innovation
- Innovation performance – MINT FOOD
- Research School
- Innovate more
Yearly Calendar for PIEp Research School
Fore more information and for sign up, contact Ingrid Kihlander
Journal Writing Journey – Getting your work published
Credits: 0.0 hp
A yearly process with seminars and workshops: 1 day in September, 1 day in November and 1 day in May.
Application open NOW! Contact Ingrid Kihlander
Technology Based Business Development
Examiner: Professor Mats Magnusson
Time: Jan –mars
Examiner: Professor Mats Magnusson
This course provides a Ph.D. level overview of both seminal works and more recent developments in the field of innovation management, aiming at providing a broad understanding of the specific challenges that innovation pose to management at both strategic and operative levels, and how various aspects of innovation management can be investigated.
The course has five main objectives: (1) give an overview of the different literature streams in innovation management; (2) develop students’ skills in reviewing and evaluating academic research; (3) develop students’ abilities to identify original and testable research ideas; (4) develop students’ skills in presenting research ideas orally; and (5) explore managerial aspects of innovation.
Creativity & Product Innovation
Credits: 7.7 hp
Examiner: Peter Törlind
Time: Every second year
Next course start: September 2012
The course is an advanced course into creativity and product innovation, the course focus on exploring different views of creativity and innovation. During the course the participants will perform and lead different types of creative workshops. This year we will also open up industrial practitioners to join the course.
The aim of the course is to:
• Give the participant a deeper understanding in creative concept development in early phases in product development.
• Give participants a deeper understanding on cognitive aspects of innovation.
• Give the participants the ability to reason about and reflect over the choice of methods and their use.
• Give the participants the necessary knowledge and experience to create, perform and evaluate innovation workshops.
Joint courses with partners
2nd International Product Development Course – California Entrepreneurship and Innovation
In collaboration with ProViking Research School, PIEp Research School co-organizes this doctoral course that will start in early autumn 2011 with a section in Stockholm, thereafter one section in Göteborg and finally the course ends with a in California, US, in February 2012. The aim is to introduce the participants to product development in an international setting. This edition of the course will focus on the famous entrepreneurial and innovative climate surrounding the San Francisco area in California.
The course participants shall after the course have a better understanding of product development in an international setting, especially towards the country and culture of the current theme. The course participants shall have a good understanding and a solid basis for conducting business and working with product development in the theme country.
For more information contact Jennie Björk