- News and events
- About PIEp
- Innovation Capability at St. Jude Medical AB Veddesta
- Innovation Capability in GKN Aerospace
- Innovation Capability at Scania
- Innovation Capability in SCA
- Learning for innovation capability in Swedish Healthcare
- Innovation Management in Forest Industry
- Innovation Strategy in practice
- Design Thinking Innovation
- New product innovation by design
- Networked Product Innovation
- IDRE overall
- IDRE – GASMAS Sinusits diagnosis and LED based spectroscopy
- IDRE – Optical Stimulation of Neural Tissue
- IDRE – Simulation of Surgical procedures with Haptic Feedback
- IDRE – Multiplex disease marker diagnostics using the ISET platform
- Managing Conceptual Design Phase of BoP ventures
- Design Methods – INGO
- Individual Innovation Capability
- Concept Decisions at Volvo Cars Corporation
- Decisions Dynamics
- Creative Environment for Product Innovation
- Innovation performance – MINT FOOD
- Research School
- Innovate more
PIEp (Product Innovation Engineering program) is a program that aims at increasing product and service innovations and hence competitiveness in Sweden.
This goal is implemented by using three sub strategies: creating and applying relevant knowledge; creating products and services; and creating a fundamental system change in education, science-to-market transfer and collaboration with industry.
PIEp as a national program with strong international ties was initiated by the UoA and builds on results and experiences from earlier research. Creating and applying knowledge has been the focus of the work in the first year.
The results show that there is already a good body of knowledge for increasing innovation, but that there are still open research questions, e.g. when it comes to measuring innovation capabilities of either individuals or organizations.
By creating new technology-based products and services, the participating national and international partners are able to better understand the process and at the same time increase the output of the science-to-industry transfer. The last element of our strategy is the commercialization of research results in close collaboration with different technology transfer offices.
PIEp builds on the integration of the competencies of engineering design, industrial design and business economy for sustainable future development.